2015年4月16日星期四

Response to Insights from a Cinderella Story

Smily (Luo Jiner)
Dr. J. Marquardt
April 16, 2015
Word count: 266
Response to Insights from a Cinderella Story
The Insights from a Cinderella Story is an analysis that is totally different with other analysis I’ve read before. I read a lot of article about how Cinderella related to gender equity. The author suggested there are many symbols in Cinderella story. These symbols and inner meaning teaches us about something about coping. That’s the first time I heard about this idea. And author analyzed variety versions of Cinderella story rather than analyzing one specific version. Using evidences from different version of one story could strengthen the accuracy because finding similar meaning from different story means there must be something in common.
       I think author’s idea that Cinderella story teaching us about coping is almost right but a little bit unreasonable. Author pointed out that the process of Cinderella stepping to an upper class by the help of others is similar with the process of adulthood. For example, losing parents means we will all face some challenges. Wearing elegant dress to the party means that we each have an inner elegance and a noble quality to reclaim.
       There is one thing I don’t agree with author. The author said, “She is faithful to her dreams, keeping them secret and nourishing them until they are strong enough to bear fruit.” It seems Cinderella is an active character. However, I still believe that Cinderella is a positive role in Cinderella story because what she does is just waiting. I’m not sure if Cinderella is faithful to her dream.

       Whatever, author also said that there are thousands of possible implications for each detail. And I love this comprehension very much.

没有评论:

发表评论